16th Annual Scarecrow Contest
Contest is open to any group, business, family or individual regardless of age. 1 entry per group, individual, or family. All Entry forms must be received by Thursday, September 29, 2022.
- Entries may be set up beginning at 8:00am on Friday, September 30, and must be in place by Monday, October 3, at 8:00am.
- All scarecrows must remain on display outdoors October 3 through October 31, and therefore are required to be able to withstand the elements. Scarecrows may be picked up any time after October 31.
- Entrants are responsible for transporting, installing and maintaining their scarecrow display. Note: All entries must be no taller than 8 ft. high. Each entry must be prepared to sit or stand on its own prop. No props will be provided. All scarecrows must be named using a sign no larger than 11 x17.
- If you choose a downtown location instead of your business front, you will receive a map of where your scarecrow is to be placed when you return your entry form to the Cherokee Chamber at 201 W Main Street.
- Entries will be judged on originality, design, creativity and durability. People’s Choice award will be chosen through a Facebook contest.
- Tiki torches and gas-powered generators are not allowed.
- The Cherokee Chamber and/or the City of Cherokee are not responsible for any loss or damage.
- When designing your scarecrow, please keep in mind that this is a neutral family event. No political, religious, or controversial scarecrows with be accepted for display. The Cherokee Chamber reserves the right to remove any Scarecrow they deem inappropriate.